Welcome to my personal homepage
It's a lot less ugly than it used to be!
Social media links
You can email me at my first initial plus last name @ gmail.com.
- Bitcoin Wallet Design March 2019
- The Case for Bitcoin Maximalism June 2018
- Lecture on Bitcoin at Texas A&M Computing Society March 2018
- How to Raise Seed Money in South America June 2013
- How Software is Destroying Jobs and Improving our Lives February 2019
- How To Preserve and Grow Your Wealth August 2018
- ICOs Are Cancer May 2018
- Understanding The Bitcoin Protocol (for Software Engineers) October 2014 (revised March 2018)
- What's going to happen when bitcoin forks (again)? October 2017
- How should I store my bitcoin? September 2017
- Should I Migrate to an Async Framework? October 2017
- Why I'm long on Costco August 2017
- Blockchains Are Hard to Scale August 2017
- The Dangers of Getting Cash Abroad June 2017
- Bitcoin's Silver Bullet: How to Get 10x Scaling and 0-Conf Today June 2017
- Python 3's Killer Feature: asyncio June 2017
- Why Take-Home Tests Are Awesome May 2017
- Write Fast Apps Using Async Python 3.6 and Redis April 2017
- dsert - Dictionary Assertion Library March 2017
- The Blockchain is Evolutionary not Revolutionary February 2017
- BTC SHA256 vs LTC Scrypt Hashing Implementation November 2014
- craigslist: Your UI is Unforgivable December 2012
- What are the best ways to think of ideas for a startup? December 2010
Services I love and recommend (with discount links):
- $5 free credit on privacy.com - Give a free virtual credit card number to every merchant with spending limits that you control. Full disclosure: I'm a small investor in the company.
- $20 free credit on Google Fi - It's super cheap and feels like what a carrier is supposed to be. Now compatible with iPhone (in beta).
- $40 credit on Classpass - great for working out while travelling.
Technical Bitcoin Resources (for software engineers only):
- Programming Bitcoin - I was one of the technical reviewers of this book.
- Bitcoins the hard way: Using the raw Bitcoin protocol - How transactions work with code examples.
- Bitcoin multisig the hard way: Understanding raw P2SH multisig transactions - like the previous, but for even more complex multisig transactions.
Non-technical Bitcoin Resources:
- The Bullish Case for Bitcoin by Vijay Boyapati - an excellent piece explaining why bitcoin could truly be a once-in-a-generation opportunity.
- The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking - history of hard money applied to the digital age.
- Noded Podcast - excellent bitcoin maximalism podcast.
- The Case for Bitcoin Maximalism - a talk I gave on bitcoin maximalism in June 2018. Follow me on twitter here.
- Jameson Lopp's Bitcoin Informtation & Resources - comprehensive list of resources for going down the rabbit-hole.
Books I recommend:
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It. Excellent summary here.
- The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking
- Programming Bitcoin - for software engineers only. I was one of the technical reviewers of this book.
- TODO: add more